Our ambition is for Wycombe Abbey School Hong Kong to become an internationally recognised centre for excellence in teaching and learning. Our teachers are carefully selected from among the finest education professionals around the World, impressive individuals who are specifically chosen to be inspirational role models for their pupils, each of them an enthusiastic and determined life-long learner. Passionate about the education of their pupils, they fully commit themselves to the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the school.
As a teacher at Wycombe Abbey School Hong Kong you will not only be part of a highly professional team in Hong Kong, but also a member of a larger teaching team in the family of Wycombe Abbey Schools in China. We intend to create exciting opportunities for career development within this family of schools and to fully support our teachers in their continuing professional development. Our teachers will be consistently challenged to provide the highest standards of classroom management and teaching practice. Above all, teaching at Wycombe Abbey School will be great fun.
Our team of teachers, secure in the knowledge that they are part of an elite team, will derive great professional satisfaction from knowing that they each play a significant role in perpetuating the success of one of the finest schools in the World. If you would like to find out if there might be a place for you on our team of World-class teachers at Wycombe Abbey Hong Kong, please do get in touch with us for an initial discussion. We would love to hear from you to discuss your experience of excellence in primary education.
Our current vacancies are listed here:
We are delighted that Wycombe Abbey School Hong Kong is opening soon. Our first school in Hong Kong will be a primary school. Our aim will be to provide an outstanding primary school experience, where our pupils will enjoy the best possible educational foundation, drawing on the most successful features of primary educational practice from both East and West.
• A Primary teaching specialist
• Able to assume ownership of the classroom and students' success
• Teaching a bespoke curriculum based on the National Curriculum for England
• Creates lesson plans for every school day
• Manages student behaviour by setting clear expectations, provides specific and consistent responses and feedback to student actions
• Treats students equally and fairly
• Able to adjust the delivery and pacing of the lesson in response to student cues
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
• Native level English speaker
• BA/advanced degree or equivalent
• Previous full-time experience teaching in a primary school
• Holds a certificate level of PGCE or equivalent qualification
• Able to deliver classes in fun and creative ways
• Enjoys teaching and encourages students to enjoy learning
• Highly motivated, organized and punctual
• Experience of working in a multicultural environment
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Works well under pressure, with the willingness to face challenges
• Confident and dynamic